Well.. Saturday afternoon, I drove up to Vancouver to see Sarah and Lilah. I got to play with Lilah for a few hours before Brian came home from work. I handed the lil beauty to Brian so Sarah and I could escape for a girl's night out.
Sarah who desperately needed a break from home and the baby, and I quickly headed over to Ikea to do some shopping. I had this 50 dollar gift certificate that I had gotten from my uncle and aunt in S.F. many years ago. I wasn't even sure if it'd still be valid. So off we went to the customer service counter to check. The woman who first served us, didn't say anything and walked away. Sarah and I thought she was being rude, until we realized she had brought somebody else around. Turns out they have a Deaf employee there who is the supervisor at the As Is department. Cool! We were able to easily get the issue resolved. He went to talk to the store manager and he said for me to tell the cashier to call him if needed to verify my gift certificate. Otherwise, it would be fine. So I did have $50 dollars to play with! By the time we were done at the customer service, we had just a bit more than an hour to shop. For those of you who know IKEA, that is not a lot of time at all! Sarah and I had so much fun shopping and I got a new rug for my apartment so hence I finallllly used the gift certificate. I feel better! I need to go back though, we didn't have time to finish looking at the curtain/draperies section.
After we left IKEA, we discovered that Red Robin had just opened down the street. We were starving. So we went in for dinner. We had a good time just chatting. It's always awesome to spend the evening chatting about stuff with Sarah. ;-) The manager walked up to us and asked in ASL how our food was and if we needed anything else. What are the odds?! Twice in one night.
We hopped over to Walmart in Vancouver on our way back to Sarah's. We ended up spending some time in there. We didn't leave until 1am! (Actually, 2am - I didn't realize the time change until the next day after waking up thinking it was 11:30am but turns out it was 12:30! Aughh!!)
Bottom line, IKEA rocks and so does Sarah. You're an awesome friend! :-D
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Girls Night Out.. and Ikea!!!!
Posted by Lyra at 1:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
wow u had a fun weekend!! am envious that the time frame for shopping can run SO late while we're limited here ugh
Post a Comment