Well, Monday turned out to be a bad day. One thing after another!
- Got test result back for my economics class. I failed. Again! I was especially upset this time. I studied so hard for three days straight. I felt good after I finished the test thinking I passed. It wasn't to be. This was just the tip of the iceberg.
- I drove to Salem after class(20 minutes away)needing to deposit a couple of checks I had. Also to get a roll of quarters so I could do laundry. I arrived to discover the bank closed at 5pm and not 5:30pm. I arrived at 5:05pm.
- I proceed to the atm machine to make the deposit there instead. It was a while later when I realized that I had wrote the total amount of only one check, not including the second check and entered that number as well as I was depositing the checks. I am sure i'll be hearing from the bank soon, notifying me that I had made a mistake.
- By this time, I was even more mad. I thought, well okay, lets go to Old Navy for something to do. BIG mistake. They had tons of new cute stuff. I was grabbing stuff to try on. Of course, nothing fit! I walked out without anything. I proceed to hop over to Target across the street. More of the same. Walked out with nothing. I guess I saved money.
- By the time I got home, I was frickin' MAD as you can imagine.
The only thing that put a slice of light in my day was when my mom imed me in the evening and said I had mail from the electric/gas company in S.F. I was puzzled. I have not lived in California in a while. Mom asked me if I wanted her to open it to see what it was all about. I told her no. I dreaded it was a letter telling me that I owed for an old bill or something that had caught up to me. I didn't need anything else to make my day worse. Well, mom then told me that from outside of the letter, it was what looked like a check. That got me curious. I told her, "well you better open it then!"
Turns out it was truly a check for nearly $350 dollars! I couldn't believe my eyes when my mom said it. She went on to tell me that the utility commission had done an investigation on PG&E and found that between 2000-2005, they had made several misreads of meters and delays in sending out bills to customers. They were refunding people for their mistakes. I almost fell over my chair. Guess I can pay for the tires my car needs now.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Bad day...
Posted by Lyra at 11:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment