*stepping on soap-box*
Why is it so difficult for the disability office to get it's act together?!
Why am I so pissed? Here's the reason.
Last term, I had to withdraw from my Financial Management class after the disability office made a mess out of the note-taking situation I had. You see, my class depended heavily on the notes we took from the board. All of the things the professor wrote on the board applied to our homework, which also becomes our take home quizzes. The material is very confusing and if we don't do the homework soon after the class (within the day or two)it becomes harder to figure out and remember what we need to do. Well, the note-taker I had didn't bother dropping off my notes until the end of the week. After requesting the notes be dropped off immediately after class several times, and still not receiving them in reasonable time. I became too behind and confused. Therefore, I had to withdraw.
Well, I registered for the same class this term. I specifically wrote on my accomdations form that I will NEED the notes immediately after class, and that they should be aware the note-taker is to be available to do so. Today, I went to the office late in the afternoon because I had class at 2pm and I thought that it would give the note taker plenty of time to get the notes there. I was SO mistaken. I still have not recieved ANY notes from last week or this week! The office receptionist, who also is responsible for the note-taking progran didn't seem to have any idea what was going on. I clearly told them how it is essential for me to get the notes immediately. I left with no answers. I am waiting to hear back, and in the meanwhile I cannot do my homework.
Can you say GRRRR!!!
*stepping off soap-box*
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Vent!
Posted by Lyra at 5:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment