Monday, January 19, 2009

First day of the rest of my life?

Today is the first of the rest of my life. Maybe?

I have been telling myself all of last week, that starting today Monday January 19th I am going to start changing things in my life. If I don't start now, it will never happen. I am going to attempt changing the way I eat (I am not going to call it a DIET), but rather changing the way I eat. This is only the first step. Along with the changing of food, I am forced to monitor my blood sugars more closely. Because I am attempting to cut down on carbohydrates, it will have a big impact on how my blood sugars are going to be. In the long run, it will be a really good change. However, it's going to be a uphill battle to find the right balance of managing my blood sugars, the insulin (or lack of) I need for the amount of carbs I actually intake. I wouldn't be surprised if I have several lows before I figure it out. Let me tell you, this scares me the most. I absoutely despite lows and I fear them. I hate how it makes me feel, during and even after wards. It sometimes takes me hours to feel my old self. The worst part is when I have a severe low, I can easily blow my goals of cutting carbohydrates. When I have a severe low, my mind tells me to eat all the food I can find in the refrigator. Often, they're the worst kind.

Excerise is my other downfall that I am going to try to change. I am not going to start right away, but I am working on teaming up with a PE student who is working towards learning how to train others. This way, we both benefit. We'll see if that works out. Hopefully it does.

Today, I have several things I need to do. Thank goodness its a holiday, giving me an extra day to get everything I need done. I have some homework and studying that needs to be done while doing my laundry at the laundromat. Then I need to go food shopping for the good stuff that will help me change the way I eat. Hopefully I will have some time to cook up some things so I don't have to this week.

Last night I went through my organizer and added several things to my schedule (classes, my regular job, my temporary job) and my schedule is looking really full already without the homework/studying and later adding into execrising. It's going to be the term from hell, and it's going to be interesting I can tell you that!

I will need all the luck I can get, and the encouragement! So bring them on! I will try to update on how my changes are progressing time to time. Perhaps, updating on this blog regularly will help with seeing the progress I am making. Hmm. Until next time...

0 comments: