Monday, April 7, 2008

This and That!


It has been a couple weeks since I last posted. I apologize for the lack of posts lately. Things have been pretty steadily busy.

Sac-Town was fun. It actually was pretty relaxing too. We partied one night, hung out at home, walked around the mall and had dinner at Fresh Choice another day. We unfortunately also wasted a whole day in Santa Rosa waiting to meet my aunt who we didn't get to see until 8pm. Then I stayed behind while the girls were at work. My last day, I went with Shari to work and met her cute kids she works with.

I returned to Portland, spent the rest of the week catching on sleep and visiting a couple of friends. It went by wayy too fast. Last week, I started my first week of the spring term. It was crazy! I had classes then ended up traveling to Vancouver twice in a week to help Sarah out. Sarah, I know you will read this- don't feel bad! I didn't mind doing it at all! :)

In fact, the weekend I spent with dear Sarah and the cutest baby in the world, Lilah was fun. It was nice just hanging out, watching some marathons on TV, and getting to know Lilah better. Its awesome seeing her personality bloom, getting to see her on a daily basis - her schedule, developments, likes and dislikes. Sarah and Brian have been blessed with a beaut-i-ful, and easy-going (right now - knock on wood)baby. I can't wait to get the chance to babysit Lilah sometime! ;-)

Classes have been good so far. I'm definetely enjoying Tuesdays and Thursdays for those days I have ASL 9 and ASL Linguistics. I never thought I'd appreciate having Deaf instructors so much. The last ten years I've had to take classes with interpreters. I have mostly no complaints about interpreters - they're usually awesome. However, it's always a struggle to juggle between the interpreter, the teacher and the material being taught. So right now, it's just sooo nice to have Deaf instructors that uses ASL! I'm feeling a little spoiled right now, and unfortunately I know that won't last. :( I might as well enjoy it while it lasts right?

OX!
(p.s. Sarah - I hope this gives you a little something to read finally LOL)

0 comments: