Okay.. i'm back after a few months' hiatus. I gotta try and be better about blogging. Summer's gone and fall's here already! I still have a few weeks left until I start fall quarter. Another school is about to begin. It's gonna be an interesting year, no doubt about that!
I'm trying to get back on track with my diabetes and salvage what I can. It's going to be a hard road. I need to find me an Endo who will be willing to work with me and all my stubborn-ness!
In my boredom, I was looking up stuff and trying to become updated in the Diabetes world. You'll be amazed how much has changed in a couple of years with technology and new information. I discovered a new pumping system that looks pretty cool!
http://www.myomnipod.com/products/section/189/
This pump is two separate parts. One is the infusion set and a wireless PDA like controller. No tubing!! And it does the insertion by itself, no manually inserting!! I hated doing infusion changes. How cool is that? The device is also an blood sugar monitor as well. Pretty nifty.
My only concerns are: The company is pretty new. The cartridges only hold 200units of insulin, I use a lot and my old pump held 300 units. The other concern is how big the infusion sets actually are. I'd have to actually see it in person to judge though. I'll have to read what users think and like/not like about this particular pumping system.
The other website I discovered.
http://www.stickmedesigns.com/shop/index.php
I was looking for something new for carrying my diabetes supplies. I've used pencil/pen cases and make up bags in the past. They worked but not designed for carrying diabetes stuff and often I would need to organize it. I was thinking it would be cool to have something actually made to carry and organize my diabetes supplies, something compact and cute to boot. It took some sleuthing and googling, but I finally stumbled on this.
How awesome are they?!!!! I totally want the jetsetter bag! Too bad it's $60. :( The smaller bags are so cute too, as well as the compartments where you can keep used test strips and used syringes to dispose later. That's exactly what I was looking for. I want to purchase something from the website, not sure what yet. So, if you can't figure out a gift to get me, the jetsetter bag is it! I'll love you forever! *hint hint lol*
Okay, toodles for now. :) OX
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Back.... for now!
Posted by Lyra at 5:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment